Colon Cancer is the 2nd leading cause of cancer death in the U.S. for men and women, though it is treatable and beatable if detected early. Regular screening, using colonoscopy, is the best way of detecting early signs of the disease, including pre-cancerous polyps. Removal of these polyps in the early stage can prevent cancer from developing.
By offering you the hassle free option of Open Access Colonoscopy, the physicians at DDA hope to encourage more people to schedule this screening, increasing the odds of preventing colon cancer.
You may be eligible to schedule an Open Access Colonoscopy if:
- You are a healthy person of African American descent over the age of 45, or
- You are a healthy person over the age of 50, or
- You have a family history of colon cancer and are over the age of 40, or
- You have a personal history of colon cancer of colon polyps, or
- You are due for a repeat colonoscopy and are not having any problems
To schedule an Open Access Colonoscopy, please fill out and submit this form.